Monday, June 17, 2013

Free will is something God gave His creation from the first day of existence. He has never denied that we make our own destiny. Predestination is based from some's perspective of the Bible. That God may have put things together for a reason to better us in the long run. So humans can grow and learn from the events he puts in our lives. Jawaharla Nehru speaks an intelligent metaphor, "Life is like a game of cards. The hand that is dealt to you represents determinism, the way you play it is free will." I completely agree with all my comments above; although many would say my arguments contradict one another, I find truth behind both concepts. That is the balance that fits my liking: we are destined to have free will.
The Separatist colonies at Plymouth establish a religious society, nicknamed themselves the "visible saints." A elect group that credited themselves of being so holy that they were predestined to do to heaven and spend eternity with Christ himself. Instead of using their energy for a more productive occupation, most visible saints would spend multiple hours in a day praying in churches. Until one women, Anne Hutchison questioned against the theory of the Separatists. Pointing out their flawed ideals that if you were predestined to go to heaven why should it matter what you do in this life? The philosophy was much too bold for any of the colonists to take seriously but still fearful of what other might do. Anne Hutchison was banished from her home town. I think we let the fear of doubt blind our capabilities to see that we are not in control of life, but we do take charge of our own lives, with no authority except our own. Life will do whatever it pleases but it is up to us on how we execute our happiness, our free will, and see the great wonders of the world even in the worst of times.
God doesn't need or want robots. We are supposed to be the image go Him because he had so much love of Himself to bestow upon us. His love and care alone is too much for us to keep in. He entrusted us with free will to love Him back. Though the bible is constantly reminding and repeating the encouraging words to choose good over evil; God over all else. In the novel Life of Pi Patel writes, "The path of liberations are numerous but the bank is always the same, the Bank of Karma, where the liberation account of each of us is created or dented depending on our actions." I think Ben Franklin would be of the same mind as Pi because he swore by the key to a prosperous life is through good deeds that benefit the public. God puts his followers and opposition together throughout the course of history, but I do not think He obsesses over the micro details; he helps carry the weight and provides free will and to give ourselves guidance; to learn from our mistakes and faults, without destiny intervening.
Our jobs in this world is to bring peace, light, and goodness to the dark craters hearts with each new generation. C.S Lewis projects the idea, "Free will, though it is what makes evil possible, it is also the only thing that makes possible amy love or joy worth having. Lewis planted a seed in my head that destiny puts evil in our lives so that we may not to take for granted true love and joy. This pushes me to believe that maybe God did predestine with a purpose. He align the stars that makes each and every one of us special. With unique hardships to overcome and being grateful for when life is just "okay."
Free will is what I support but I can't help fight the feeling that there are just somethings in life that are beyond my power. Each day day is a new lesson and whether or not I chose to see it or accept it is purely up to me. My choices shape who I am, but destiny knows what curve balls to throw at me; but I will not limit myself to fates desires, I will try with all my might to make my own path.

No comments:

Post a Comment