Monday, June 17, 2013



One can never truly understand unless that one has experienced. I cannot possibly fathom the idea of marrying a complete stranger. I also cannot fathom the idea of getting married at all (as of right now). Marriage is such an important tradition to various cultures, societies, and communities. I have never experienced marriage therefore I don’t think my opinion is creditable on such a significant subject that so many people value and cherish with their whole hearts (I will state my current stand I just want to warn my peers we have little knowledge on this matter).
Arranged marriage is just as intimate as a modern American “passionate” marriage, which is mostly based off attraction. In fact because of their culture, in some cases it will last longer and force people to stay and try to work it out rather than getting out and giving up so quickly. Love comes to them just as much as it does to us.
Psychology professor Pamela Regan and her co-authors looked at the marriages of 58 Indian-Americans living in the U.S. About half the participants (28) said their marriages had been arranged, either by relatives or professional matchmakers. The remaining 30 described their marriages as love-based. When researchers had the participants complete questionnaires on love, relationship satisfaction and commitment, they found something rather remarkable.
"We found absolutely no differences whatsoever, and we're not really sure why," says Regan, whose results were published in Psychological Reports.
Often I think we judge or think “Oh, poor girl. She didn’t even have a choice who she got to marry.” What if that isn’t the case? Yes, this girl may just have been set up and fell madly in love in the process. “Love and you will be loved, and you be able to do all that you could not do unloved.” Everyone knows love. Everyone learns to love. Everyone is living once they’ve felt love. Arranged or not love has no time, and it gets you when you least expect it. It has depth to core of the earth and rises above heaven. It makes millions every day feel as if they are on cloud nine with no train off.
Want to know what arranged and not marriages have in common? Love is and always will be complicated. It comes in many different shapes and sizes; plus it never fails to improve your life’s happiness but often it they cause of stress, pain, depression, and anger if abused or taken advantage of. Nothing is perfect nor will it ever be, its time for us to be open to all scenarios. Including people who don’t want to go out and find love with the chance of being hurt. Rather just skip all the bullshit and get married to a nice, economically acceptable, smart man/women (that your parents actually like!) and just learn to love them.
Dear my heart, I wish I can be as strong as you. No matter how many times you've been broken, you still beat and love.
-Unknown
The heart is so tough and it endures loads of weight that bears on your soul. Heart has always been the one I choose. I hope it always will be. I am a person who wants to be loved everyday and know how much he cares. I need to him to comfort and passion along with silly smiles everyday. My heart will always be the thing I’m good at. My caring nature is my best quality and I wouldn’t have it any other way. If people care then let them care. Love is too rare to take that away from them and force them to live a day without it.

No comments:

Post a Comment