The example given of when Harry confronts Sally on how men and women cannot be friends are undeniably true. Just to prove that point if you didn't know already Harry and Sally do have sex. Men and women are just too different and have completely different mind sets to both have a mutual understanding of just friends. Girls get emotionally involved and men get horny. The effort that it would take to be friends with someone and never think what they were like in bed would be incredibly draining. We cannot deny that most men are stupid and girls are mean. When a relationship builds girls will think friend and guys will think fuck. Then over a period of time they may switch places, but rarely. Sex will always be a hidden factor unless you have already committed your heart else where.
Whether or not men and women can truly be friends is going about it all the wrong way. Do you see the word friend in "boyfriend"? I do. The definition of friends is mutual affection towards one another. Isn't this also the definition of a relationship between a boy and girl? Yes. I do believe that after an emotional attachment and even the slightest physical attraction you have definitely thought of a boy or girl in a sexual context whether you wanted to or not. Thinking about someone and acting out on it are two totally different things. Also if they have really tried to be friends and once they acquired that comfortability and trust with them, why not see if it might work?
Friendship is a tricky and complicated to go about when in it with the opposite sex, but as mentally enhanced humans I assume they do not go around having sex with all their single friends, at least I hope most of us have some morals. Yet how quickly does I a teenage boy hope for sex? I think pretty fast. Or how often does a boy come to the conclusion that sex with almost anyone would be acceptable? Maybe after that they could be friends so things aren't as awkward. Personally I have thought about all my guy friends in a sexual way even if haven't meant to, it just sort of happened. After a month or two it goes away and continue on our normal path of friendship and I never feel that way again (or at least its never happened twice for me, but I'm pretty young; I may need to give myself more time to relapse).
There are a few exceptions to my theory.
Marriage. (Love can be strong and lets face it married people do have friends.)
Gays and Lesbians
If they have been friends since toddlerhood
Whether or not men and women can truly be friends is going about it all the wrong way. Do you see the word friend in "boyfriend"? I do. The definition of friends is mutual affection towards one another. Isn't this also the definition of a relationship between a boy and girl? Yes. I do believe that after an emotional attachment and even the slightest physical attraction you have definitely thought of a boy or girl in a sexual context whether you wanted to or not. Thinking about someone and acting out on it are two totally different things. Also if they have really tried to be friends and once they acquired that comfortability and trust with them, why not see if it might work?
Friendship is a tricky and complicated to go about when in it with the opposite sex, but as mentally enhanced humans I assume they do not go around having sex with all their single friends, at least I hope most of us have some morals. Yet how quickly does I a teenage boy hope for sex? I think pretty fast. Or how often does a boy come to the conclusion that sex with almost anyone would be acceptable? Maybe after that they could be friends so things aren't as awkward. Personally I have thought about all my guy friends in a sexual way even if haven't meant to, it just sort of happened. After a month or two it goes away and continue on our normal path of friendship and I never feel that way again (or at least its never happened twice for me, but I'm pretty young; I may need to give myself more time to relapse).
There are a few exceptions to my theory.
Marriage. (Love can be strong and lets face it married people do have friends.)
Gays and Lesbians
If they have been friends since toddlerhood
Men and women have proven that being friends is very enjoyable though because they get all their need and want for affection out of the way and they proceed to use that man or women as a buffer. (A person who fills the other with love and affection so the other can be free from the need for attention from the opposite sex). This also rarely works out because the girl sons realizes that she is the star to his eye and gives into longing for more than "just being friends" Friendship just cannot work without at least one sexual demeanor coming into the relationship, but men and women's friendship do last many years if they can get past all the sexual frustration.
No comments:
Post a Comment