Monday, June 17, 2013

pick a lifestyle

Benjamin Franklin and Henry David Thoreau were both intelligent men with a purpose. I respect both their ideas and to uniqueness to each life style. I wish I could live in the infamous way Thoreau did. He said he was happy living off the land and in complete silence with only his thoughts to interact with. I know I would eventually go absolutely insane if I ever considered living in this lifestyle. I'm more of a productive person. I like staying busy with activities others provide for me. I enjoy working hard through a community and reeling all the benefits. I love team work and that we are all little pieces to a puzzle. I have never took an interest in "playing the game" of society, yet sometimes I caught between a rock and a hard place. That feeling of unity is just a rewarding as your hard earned money. I crave that feeling to be a productive and hard working member of society; to help. Franklin invented tools that are still vitally important in modern society. He aided our founding fathers establish America. If that isn't success then I don't know what is. I want to inspire and create light to the people living in these dark times of the recession. I don't know how but I will try. Thoreau didn't harm the world but he also didn't do anything to contribute to it. I want to assist my fellow people and have that feeling that I'm supporting; that I am giving. Then in return I obviously get paid to buy the things that I desire. I believe that I can still be spiritual in this materialistic society. I just have to work a little harder to focus on what my values or beliefs are. In many ways I think Thoreau is asking to much of us. I could never give up my relationship to go live in the wild all by myself. I would never be able to teach myself how to build a house and hunt for food. It would be impossible for me to deny the world of my aid. Its simple. We must all do our part and just become a little less full of ourselves and more productive in taking care of each other. No more complaining about how we don't have enough followers on Instagram and who Kim Kardashian is going to marry next. No more wasting this very precious life on stupid objects. Rather find the people that make you happy and enamored you until you can't help but to be happy with your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment