Monday, June 17, 2013

The world around me


The world I come from explains every detail about me. It clarifies why I always safe and comfortable in my surroundings. My world exudes my character and my priorities over what I want in the moment. To make it clear my world consists of everything I love, such as family traditions, friends fun Fridays, volleyball workouts or practices, and reading my mystical novels under the moon. My life and sole purpose depends on school. Where I want my next world to be is why this world works so hard; to take all the AP classes, meet speedy deadlines, hundred of hours of community service, and my dedication to clubs and outside activities. My life outside of school has been beyond limited. I am growing up fast; in ways I never dreamed of. My two AP teachers have pushed me to the point of gray hairs forming, and I love been grateful for every second. My world has shaped my character and molded itself to my liking so I am proud of my accomplishments.

            In the everyday life I always am responsible to being an important role model in my 9 year olds brothers life. He is what my world revolves around. I refuse to go any farther than 100 miles away from for college and even that it too much. I take care of him everyday after school until my parents get off of work. Taking care of another human being other than myself has really shown me what it means to be responsible, and productive. There is no time for television, video games, or even unnecessary drama. Our routine is first homework, snack, practice, shower, eat, get ready for tomorrow, and sleep. Having this structure not only benefits him because he has stability, but also gives me confidence that I can handle the mishaps of life. He has taught me to have strength in my morals, cry when I am feeling overwhelmed rather than hold it in, and be motivated to work hard 365 days of the year.

            My outlet from life is volleyball. Volleyball lets me escape from my head and return my natural instincts. My habitat relies on volleyball to bring balance to my world. Without volleyball I would have gone crazy from not feeling like I had a purpose or meaning. The importance of my role in volleyball gives me self-confidence without the arrogant cockiness. I feel blessed to have the parents who were willing to pay for me to continue volleyball all through high school. Volleyball has kept me motivated and worked hard all through my high school career. Also given me lessons on what it means to be a team player and strive to work together on a common goal.

            April 20th 2012, near end of my sophomore year was by far the hardest day I have ever come to experience. It was the day my parents told that they were getting separated. This event has brought a new meaning to my life and showed me how I respond to bad news. I stay calm while wanting to say something but I never come up with the right words so I leave it be; and just listen. For hours I listened to my parents argue about the way that they told me was not appropriate, though I wasn’t interested; it was already done. I kept thinking about my little brother and how I wish I could protect him from all of this heart ache. This day marks when I turned from a careless teenager to a work hard mentality. I will never forget the event that had to occur for this transformation to begin that has infinitely shaped my current life.
            Attending Foothill Technology High School saved me from becoming a student who didn’t care to a scholar that tried a hundred and ten percent. The community and daily life has given me the opportunity to mold my life to the future I want. My world is my garden and lately I have been planting the biggest seeds.  

No comments:

Post a Comment