Photography has become a outlet for so many 1st world countries to advertise, sell, show off what the next best thing is. Always urging people to want more and never stop. Yes, in those cases we can think pessimistically and believe we are being brain washed and society is doing a wrong by us. We can also take into account that we love pictures, its hard not to. Capturing a moment is like catching a butterfly. You get to stare and reflect on its beauty. I become inspired by its grace, and start to smile at the rareness I’m looking at.
Photos have transformed our society into an everyday event, but still find them so special. I see the softness to the baby’s face and the shine of the cheesy sunset pictures. I love living in that moment. That moment when you believed you were happy and escaping to that. So often photography is manipulated into what the photographer wants us to see to give us a message. Isn’t that the point? The photograph was chosen for a reason; to send a message. It’s an artist look. I could never see that as a negative. (I think its funny that old cameras make negatives that turn into pictures.)
The only negative in photography is that it has the potential to lie and be over dramatic, but don’t a million other things have the same potential? Yes. I think by insulting photography in any other way is unjust. People that take pictures are expressing themselves and showing their skill set to see things that no one else can. Reflecting on an image is one of the most powerful things you can do. Brings back you past to your present to somehow control your future.
No comments:
Post a Comment